- 04-Jan-2017 to 28-Feb-2017 (PST)
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- Part Time
Are you interested in local economic development, job creation, education policy, transportation policy, and more?
Questions on this job should be directed to the Director of Research & Strategy, Christopher Weare, MPP, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Sacramento Economic Council ("Greater Sacramento"), an exciting start-up organization with tremendous influence and momentum, is looking for a Research Intern to join their dynamic team. Greater Sacramento was created and is led by top-tier regional CEOs, other prominent business figures, and leaders from universities from across the region to retain, attract, grow, and create sustainable business throughout the regions six counties: El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba, and the 23 cities therein. A non-profit, investor-supported organization, Greater Sacramento provides collaboration and support for programs and policies that advance the competitive position of the Sacramento Region.
The intern will work on an eclectic mix of research tasks depending on the specific active projects for the organization. These tasks will include, but will not be limited to, these activities:
- Identifying and collecting relevant data from electronic sources
- Cleaning, merging, and validating data sets
- Writing short reports in response to information requests from business development
- Conducting statistical analyses of data
- Employing novel methods to extract data from electronic sources
- Other research duties that arise to meet the needs of the organization
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, curious, and have strong time-management skills. She/he would have the following qualifications:
- Training in economics, statistics, data analytics, or a related field. A student in the late stages of a BA program or the early stages of a MA program is most likely to possess the requisite skills.
- Strong research skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of R, Stata, or other statistical analysis packages is a plus, though not required
- Knowledge of Python and web scraping is a plus, though not required
To learn more about Greater Sacramento Economic Council visit: www.selectsacramento.com